Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Would You Have To Take Birth Control Pill to Avoid Getting Pregnant?

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Would You Have To Take Birth Control Pill to Avoid Getting Pregnant?

What if you have only had sex once, then u take the pill....for how long would you have to take the pill to make sure you won't get pregnant, when can u stop taking it if you know for fact you won't be having sex anytime soon? I asked this question to my health teacher and I think I confused her or she just didn't know.

Birth control pills don't work as emergency contraceptive. If you had unprotected sex you should have taken the morning after pill. The pil takes a month to work if it's your first pack. After that only 7 days. You can't just stop it and then take it again. It won't work like that. If you don't know when you're gonna have sex again then use condoms. Use the pill when you're in a serious relationship.

Comment

Thank you, that's really helpful, better than what my health teacher said. Have a nice day!

Comment

Not having sex, it was just a curiosity, but thanks again!

Comment

I'm kind of confused... is the number of pills the same for every month? I understand how the pill works with the 7 sugar pills for combination birth control. But let's say for months that have more than 28 days, what do I do? Do I start my new pack for the 29th, 30th, and 31st? Wouldn't that change my cycle by time I reach the fourth week of the next month?

Comment

Hi Jane, I've been on the pill for almost 3 years now and I haven't had any problems with it (: I understand what your questions is, it does seem confusing when you think about how some months have 28 days , 30 days or 31 days in it. But, it doesn't matter how many days that are in a month when you're on the pill. It won't affect you at all. just take the pill everyday, then when you're done with one packet you start the next. don't think one packet is specifically for December, january, feb...(and so on) . another thing, when it comes to the week of the pills you take when you're supposed to start your period, it doesn't mean you will have your period for 7 days. For me, when I take my pills for my period week, I only get my period for 4 days . 1, 2 , (3,4,5,6), 7. <-- the days in parentheses are the days I'm on my period. I hope this helps you!

Comment

So I have been taking them everyday for the past 3ish months, but there is sometimes where I would take it late. the time I'm supposed to take the at is 7:00 but there is sometimes where I would forget to take it and it would be at 10:00ish. is that ok? I've never missed a day, I've only taken it late on somedays so am I ok?

Comment

Hi Gloria,

You shouldn't worry too much, but try and set a alarm to remember yourself, it is working at its best if you take it at the same time everyday but if you do forget you can take them in up to 12 hours later. But the best effect, the 99% "security", is gained by taking it every day at the same time. And if you want to be sure, ask you doctor, that's why they are there, to help, cure, prevent and many other things.

Comment

Working...
                X