MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Regret How Quiet and Shy I Have Been

I'm not really sure how I am. Because I believe that I am this shy person because of my addiction to video games which isolated me for a while. Now that I quit them, for my own reasons, I regret how quiet and shy I have been, because there is so much going on in my head and I am more of a weirdo inside lol. Like people know me as the quiet guy who says funny things when he talks. I don't want to be that though, I want to be my more weird self and not be quiet. I hate being around people and being quiet. There are times where I want to be alone, but I do enjoy hanging out with people, I like talking to others.

Then be yourself, dont let them judge you, and if they do ignore them, being yourself is the best Damn thing, as long as your happy with yourself then who cares what others think, do what you love because life is short, and for all you could know there might be someone with the same personality as you, just be who you are bro, because them judging you has no effect on your life, you just create stress and anxiety from judging yourself all cuz they judged you, life's short so live it to the fullest, good luck, and God bless!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Don't let that stop you. Now go out there and meet some people! Nobody will judge you for it

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonia View Post
          Then be yourself, dont let them judge you, and if they do ignore them, being yourself is the best Damn thing, as long as your happy with yourself then who cares what others think, do what you love because life is short, and for all you could know there might be someone with the same personality as you, just be who you are bro, because them judging you has no effect on your life, you just create stress and anxiety from judging yourself all cuz they judged you, life's short so live it to the fullest, good luck, and God bless!
          This is spot on. You are judging yourself by others. You can't pretend to be someone else, it'll only make you unhappy and hate yourself. The only way to be truly happy is to be you.

Comment

The best thing to do is to expose yourself more socially, go to every invite, do things that take you out of your comfort zone, be spontaneous. Eventually you will find things you actually enjoy, and meet others like yourself trying to break through this cycle of being introvert. It won't happen over night, but the more you do, the more things will happen for you. Learn something new.

Comment

On one hand, you need to build your confidence in your personality. When you aren't sure of your personality (as many people aren't when they're just not yet exposed to situations and how they react to them), you need to find it. This can be done by 'trying on' things. If you like the way a person listens to people, think about what makes their style of listening be so attractive to you and try incorporating that into yourself. If you don't like it, you'd of still learned something! This can go for details in fashion sense, how someone delivers humor, anything that you like in people. At first it may be copying but you'll quickly be able to reflect on how to make things feel more natural coming from yourself and you'll start to own what's actually natural for you and drop what isn't. This is great for self exploration and building yourself into the kind of person you want to be without being fake until you crack.

On the other hand, it never hurts to build your confidence in general! Find one thing you like about yourself each day. 'The color of this shirt isn't bad on me' 'my eyes look nice when the sun hits them' 'I made a person laugh' 'I was brave enough to go to that party' 'I was brave enough to share some personal details with someone'. You'll start to figure out things you like about yourself as well as what's meaningful to you, and foster what you appreciate.

It takes awhile to become comfortable enough in your own skin to be comfortable with other people, but you've got this! For now, it's okay to confide in people that you're trying to break from your shell! Most will support you.

Comment

My confidence was low and i am only just getting out of my shyness

Comment

• capefox
                  capefox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was very shy in my teen years but once I left school and started my own small tourist shop, the interaction with my customers turned me around and my shyness disappeared. I discovered self-hypnosis and subliminal messages for confidence, which really helped to speed up the process of banishing my shyness.
              Working...
              X