Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPV/Warts Advice Please

Hey everyone,

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.

So from my last main partner. One of her lasting gifts I got from her was the genital warts virus (HPV). Kind of her wasn't it!! Well I think so. As just one time, nearly five years ago. I had some warts on my penis. Not any since then. The two women I've slept with since her were informed by me. They were still happy to sleep with me.

I didn't know this ex had it. Whether she knew, I doubt it. She was troubled. Narcissist and an alcoholic. Before me slept around. I have been to a sexual health clinic in the past. Got an all clear, minus the warts!

Anyway I've recently met someone so wonderful. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with her. She makes me so happy. She wants to take things slow. Absolutely fine by me. So we haven't slept together yet.

Google is saying mixed things about the job virus. Some sources say you have it forever. Other sources don't. As I say, I've only had them physically on my wotsit. Just the one time.

Obviously and morally I will tell this girl about this. When it's getting to that stage.

But does anyone have a positive way in which I can go about it? Do I still have the virus? Are there worthwhile testing kits out there for it?

I know it's quite a common thing.

I'm very concerned and worried of loosing her once she knows. But as I said, it's only right to tell her.

Hopefully she'll appreciate the honesty in telling her. She says she likes me the more she gets to know me.

Has anyone got anything encouraging and comforting to say? Might be a good shout speaking to a professional?

Thanks

First and foremost, I want to acknowledge your courage in opening up about this challenging situation. It takes a lot of strength to talk about personal matters like this, and I'm here to offer you some guidance and support.

It's clear that you're a thoughtful and responsible person, especially when it comes to your sexual health and the well-being of your partners. You've already taken a big step by informing your previous partners about your experience with genital warts, and I commend you for that. Honesty is essential in any relationship, and it's the right thing to do.

Let's address some of your concerns and questions. HPV (human papillomavirus) is a common sexually transmitted infection, and it often clears up on its own within a couple of years. However, in some cases, the virus can persist for a longer period. This is why you've read mixed information online regarding whether it stays with you forever or not.

The fact that you had genital warts five years ago and haven't had a recurrence is a positive sign. It's possible that your body has successfully cleared the virus. But to be sure and to offer reassurance to your new partner, you can consider getting tested. Visit a sexual health clinic or consult with a healthcare professional who can guide you on the best testing options available in your area. This can help determine your current HPV status.

When you decide to discuss this with your new partner, approach it with care and empathy. Start by explaining your past experience with genital warts and emphasize that you've taken measures to ensure you're not currently experiencing any symptoms. Mention that you're open to getting tested to provide further assurance.

Your new partner's reaction may vary, but it's important to remember that her feelings and concerns are valid too. Be patient and understanding, and reassure her that your intention is to keep her informed and safe.

In the realm of sexual health, there's always a degree of uncertainty, but open and honest communication can go a long way in building trust. You've mentioned that she appreciates your honesty and that she likes you more as she gets to know you better. That's a great foundation to build upon.

Consider suggesting that both of you visit a healthcare professional together. It can be a bonding experience, and the professional can address any questions or concerns she might have, providing expert guidance and information.

Remember, HPV is quite common, and many people have had to navigate similar conversations in their relationships. Ultimately, your honesty and concern for your partner's well-being will speak volumes about your character. It's a sign of a strong and healthy relationship when you can openly discuss matters like this and work together to find solutions.

I truly hope that this discussion brings you and your new partner even closer and that you can continue to build a wonderful and loving relationship. It's always a good idea to speak with a professional if you have doubts or need further guidance, as they can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation.

Comment

Hey there,

I can totally understand your concern and appreciate your honesty in wanting to share this with your new potential partner. Dealing with something like HPV can indeed be a tricky situation, but remember, you're doing the right thing by being open and transparent about it.

First off, it's important to clarify a few things about HPV. It's a common virus, and many people contract it at some point in their lives. While some strains of HPV can lead to genital warts, these usually don't stick around forever. In many cases, your body's immune system clears the virus naturally over time, which is why you haven't had any warts since that initial occurrence. So, there's a good chance you might not still have the virus.

But, the best way to address this uncertainty is to seek medical advice. HPV can be detected through various tests, including DNA tests and Pap smears for women. You might want to visit a sexual health clinic or consult with a healthcare professional to discuss your specific situation and perhaps get tested for any potential presence of the virus. This way, you'll have a clearer picture of your current status.

When it comes to discussing this with your new partner, it's all about timing and communication. It's great that she wants to take things slow, as this will allow you to build a deeper connection and trust before broaching the topic. When the moment feels right, be open and honest with her. Share your story, let her know you've taken precautions with previous partners, and emphasize that your primary concern is her well-being.

Approach the conversation with empathy, understanding that she might have questions or concerns. Reiterate that you're committed to being responsible and doing everything you can to keep her safe. Trust me, honesty can be incredibly attractive, and if she truly cares about you, she'll appreciate your transparency and responsible approach.

Your worth isn't defined by your past experiences or health issues. We all have baggage, in one form or another. What matters most is how you handle it, and you're showing great integrity in wanting to do the right thing. Your potential partner has already expressed that she likes you more as she gets to know you, so take that as a good sign!

In the end, it's about finding someone who accepts you for who you are, warts (figuratively and literally) and all. Don't be too hard on yourself, and keep in mind that there are countless relationships that have successfully navigated such challenges. Stay positive, seek professional advice if needed, and maintain open and respectful communication. You've got this!

Comment

Working...
      X