Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Haven't a Clue What the Best Primer or Foundation I Should Use For My Wedding

I'm getting married on December 17th. I have everything down or so i thought until my Makeup Artist cancelled our contract at the last minute. It's so stressful finding a MUA which i thought would be so easy but due to a tight budget . I'm pretty much thinking I should do it myself. I have combination skin and I haven't a clue what the best primer or foundation i should use. Do you have any tips? I'm hopelessly trying to find a replacement and the anxiety is making it worse. Thank you

So sorry to hear the artist canceled last minute. You should look at reviews and see if you can hire someone. Otherwise just watch bridal tutorials on youtube and follow the steps. You should be fine. Good luck love.

Comment

I recently had to attend a friend's wedding. I am not a huge fan of dramatic makeup. I do not like the oodles of makeup you have to put on your face to achieve that look, and I do not like the dramatic look per se. But then again I knew that if I did not have on striking makeup, I would not photograph well. So I was facing a dilemma that I did not know how to overcome. And just like that, something my mom had told me a long time ago came to my rescue.

I used to be quite tempted by makeup in high school. I would use everything in a makeup kit. But my mom would tell me that I did not need to apply makeup on my entire face but only on those areas where it is needed. For example, if you are one of the lucky few who is blessed with flawless skin, then you can skin the foundation and concealer. Or if you have stunning eyes, there's no need to do full eye makeup at all. The key is to keep your makeup to a minimum so the real you can shine through.

Some Makeup Suggestion to Keep You Looking Natural

You should always personally be comfortable with whatever makeup you are wearing. Your friends might wear really heavy makeup. But that does not mean you need to ape them just to fit in.

Before applying any makeup, cleanse your face. Then apply a water-based moisturizer. Now wait for five to ten minutes before getting on with your makeup.

While most makeup artists insist on foundation, you should know that it is not necessary. But if you feel you need it, then make sure that the color is as close to your skin tone as possible.

Don't go overboard with the blush. One stroke is enough if you want to keep it natural. Go for a neutral shade that doesn't overwhelm your face.

Lipstick is not necessary either. You can instead look much better with just some lip gloss.

When it comes to eye makeup, stick to just the mascara. But make sure you only apply a couple of coats or it will be too much. If you must use liner, use brown rather than black. This will give you a pleasant look and everyone at the party will turn their faces in your direction, for sure!

Comment

You must be pissed off right now. Time and money wasted on a wedding makeup trial and still no makeup artist. Was her makeup skill out of touch, or maybe not up to par? Was she unprofessional or just sloppy looking? What about her products? Were they only half-cleaned, or better yet, substandard? There's nothing worse than being less than a month away from the wedding of your dreams and you have no makeup artist.

Your Wedding Makeup Trial from Hell

Your appointment is scheduled for 5pm and your makeup artist arrives at 5:30pm. Now you have to push back your dress fitting appointment, and your appointment to go pay the venue. You're already rolling your eyes but keeping optimistic because, really, you just have no choice.

No apologies. She barely knows your name or pronounces it incorrectly. Forgot everything you told her or emailed her about your wedding. She's obviously trying to wing it and all you can think of is "This chic better be good!"

Thirty-five minutes she says she is complete but when you look in the mirror, there are obvious problems. Your foundation is blended well but, it's the wrong color. You look like ghost. Your eyeliner seems crooked and your eyelashes feel like they are falling off. However, she assures you that your eyelashes are on tight.

You absolutely hate your look - and to add insult to injury, you have to pay for this disastrous wedding makeup trial.

How to Avoid a Bad Wedding Makeup Trial

Let's face it. No bride wants to experience a horrible wedding makeup trial like this. While some things (like your makeup artist's attitude) are just completely out of your hands, there are some factors that are absolutely avoidable. Your goal is to put yourself in the best scenario possible to foster a near-perfect wedding makeup trial experience.

Ask Questions. You know what your face looks like and what you may want it to look like on your wedding day. Is there a tattoo on your neck you want covered? Do you want highlights and contouring like Kim Kardashian? Share this information with your makeup artist and find out if she is capable of creating your ultimate wedding day makeup look.

Un-invite Friends. The thought of having bridesmaids or friends at your wedding makeup trial may sound enticing, but sometimes it can be counterproductive. The laughter, chatter, and the many opinions, can drag the trial out longer than necessary - and worse, it can leave you less confident about your makeup look for your big day.

Arrive On-Time. Your wedding makeup trial is a beauty appointment you don't want to miss or be late for. As a matter of fact, if you allow yourself 10 to 15 minutes to think before your trial begins, you can be more confident in the eye shadow, or lip color you want.

Know Your Hairstyle. Your hairstyle and makeup compliments each other. If you plan to have an updo, then pull your hair back for your wedding makeup trial. Likewise, if you plan to wear bangs or a new hair color on your wedding day, wear a similar styled wig at your wedding makeup trial. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to have a lip color that clashes with your beautiful, new gold locks.

Be Aware of Costs. Sure. You know how much your wedding makeup trial cost. Or maybe you lucked out and it's free. But did you know that the makeup artist's assistant is not free? Or did you know that running over the allotted appointment time may increase your costs? There are sometimes hidden costs that can become a thorn on your side. Avoid them at all cost.

Bottom line: Your wedding makeup trial is extremely important. This unassuming beauty appointment dictates what kind of picture memories you will have of one of the most special days of your life. Ultimately, you want to give yourself time to make mistakes, change your mind, or survive crazy, unprepared wedding makeup artists.

Comment

Working...
        X