MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Think I'll Ever Get Married

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get married. I like the concept of marriage, but I hate the reality of it. I'd love to have someone who I can call my "husband" and I'd love kids, but I'm afraid of what reality's gonna throw at me. I don't think I can handle any more of this shit... had enough from my parents' marriage.

I feel the same way. going to therapy to work through it tho. i've never wanted kids, which i think is fine. the fact that i've never wanted marriage--- i think that might be a problem. i believe in long term relationships, in being in love...but when it comes to marriage--- sharing space, sharing money, sharing chores--- that all terrifies me because i dont think i can do all those things and still remain in love.

Comment

I'm planning on going to therapy as well... thought I could work it out on my own but I've finally accepted that there's just too many issues and I cant fix it all alone. Hope it all works out for you! Hope your fears dont get in the way of being happy.

Comment

I wish u peace and happiness as well. yay us for dealing with our issues head on instead of burying them.

Comment

My parents have a dysfunctional marriage too but luckily and thanks to God's grace, I've been blessed with a wonderful boyfriend. The right person is out that there that can bring you joy and happiness. It's hard to put the painful past behind you but you've learned from it. Don't let your parents misery ruin the long wonderful life that can live. I wish the best for you.

Comment

I know that feeling.. my parents have been together for 20 years and never gotten a divorce yet they fight a lot and i remember some really vivid fights form when i was little.. they are two completely different people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
              My parents have a dysfunctional marriage too but luckily and thanks to God's grace, I've been blessed with a wonderful boyfriend. The right person is out that there that can bring you joy and happiness. It's hard to put the painful past behind you but you've learned from it. Don't let your parents misery ruin the long wonderful life that can live. I wish the best for you.
              Thanks so much and I'm glad you found someone to love and who loves you! Wish you all the best as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachael View Post
                I know that feeling.. my parents have been together for 20 years and never gotten a divorce yet they fight a lot and i remember some really vivid fights form when i was little.. they are two completely different people too.
                I dont understand why couples choose to stay together if they cant get along with each other at all. I can think of a few possible explanations, but none of them are good enough reasons to put children through so much mental/physical stress. Its horrible growing up in a home where its always a battleground and the parents kill each other every day... and the children are just stuck in the middle. Cant fight back, cant defend themselves. And when they're finally adults and out of the home, they're too beaten up to take on the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloria View Post
                  Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get married. I like the concept of marriage, but I hate the reality of it. I'd love to have someone who I can call my "husband" and I'd love kids, but I'm afraid of what reality's gonna throw at me. I don't think I can handle any more of this shit... had enough from my parents' marriage.
                  I think they stay together because of the children, and ultimately they still love each other. Even people who are in love fights, thats part of the charm I guess.. God's know

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post

I think they stay together because of the children, and ultimately they still love each other. Even people who are in love fights, thats part of the charm I guess.. God's know
                    I wasn't talking about innocent little love fights or even the occasional serious fight. I'm talking about full on war. If you haven't been in a home like this you wouldn't understand, and "staying together for the children" only works if the fights aren't too serious/often. And many married couples don't love each other.

Comment

I feel you 100%. I love kids, but I will NOT be a single mother. It's just too hard, my mom was one. And, my parents were divorced. People kept thinking because of my race that I didn't have a dad, or didn't know who my dad was, or he was locked up. None of those were true. Oh, I do know who he is. We have a better relationship now. But I hated when I would really want to see him, and he wouldn't be there. Or promising to come visit, and then canceling. And having to explain to people that my parents were divorced, why does my dad never come to the school. How the first time he had been to my schools was the graduation days. How he remarried someone else who is so evil, she disrespects me and hates the fact that I exist, to this day. I would love to have a husband, but I don't think I could ever be content with one person for too long. AND if we have kids, we just couldn't break up, not until they were 18, or he's cheating, or abusive, or... yea... too much can go wrong. I still hold out hope, but as I saw a lot of my peers get married and have kids out of HS, and the same now that I just finished college, and here I am all alone still... I care about it less and less everyday.

Comment

I am 28 n I feel exactly the same.. My parents had a more than dysfunctional marriage and I am not ready for the possibility that I might experience the same in my life.. I like u, like the idea of having a husband and a family but i don't think I can handle the responsibility of it all. I'd rather focus on my career.

Comment

Working...
                        X