MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Letters - Writing a Letter to Someone You Love

In our modern world of computers, smart phones, laptops, and pads, we have forgotten about the emotion and feelings that are transmitted through a hand written love letter.

My wife and I were 1500 miles apart in 1979. I was away at Bible College in Missouri and my future bride was in California. Phone calls were a luxury that we couldn't afford very often, so we started communicating by love letters and cards. We got to a point that we were writing each other everyday.

Our envelopes had hearts drawn on them, with our cute names for each other. The postmen had no problem knowing what they were delivering. My mother-in-law still tells stories about her conversations with the postman, about us love-sick children.

My wife and I were married in June of 1980, one month after I got home from school. If I remember right, my wife still received love letters for two days after I got home.

I still write my wife love letters on our anniversary, birthday, Valentine's Day and occasionally, just because I still love her. Most of our correspondence with each other has been stored, which I'm sure our daughter, grand-daughter, and son-in-law will have fun reading at some point, in time.

We even had an occasion to re-visit our love letters, complete with the "mushy" envelopes, as my daughter used to say, when we moved from our house to a mobile home. While we were moving things, we came across our special box of letters from our courtship. We sat down and read through the whole box. I could feel all the emotions that went with each envelope that I had received and sent.

I write, special letters, to my daughter and to my mother-in-law now, telling them how much they mean to me. Thanking them for being a part of my life. My mom and dad have passed away or there would be letters still going their way.

I challenge, everyone who reads this, to sit down and write a letter to those you love. Tell them how special they are. Be open and honest with them, about why you love them. In Biblical times, this was called a Blessing. Something to hold onto for the rest of your life.

This is very, very important. The first letter given, must be to your spouse. Make it a very special, personal delivery. There is nothing worse than your spouse finding out that someone else got a special letter from you and she didn't. Believe me, if this letter writing is done properly, it will be talked about and cherished.

If you've never put your emotions and feelings to paper before, I would suggest that you write to those people, you love, that are most removed from you emotionally. I say this, because as you begin to write these, very special love letters, to your children and your spouse, your emotions will overwhelm you.

Take your time, nobody is expecting these letters. If you get emotionally drained, take a break. Always be aware of the gender, you are writing to. You want these letters, to be something, they will hold onto and cherish long after your gone.

Most importantly, enjoy the feel of a pen and paper. I guarantee it will bring back memories, you haven't thought of in a long time. Enjoy your time, thinking about those you love. Your Blessings, passed on those you love, through letters.
Working...
X