MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Year Age Gap, Help??

I am in a relationship and have been for I would say about 4-5 years, but it just became super serious 5 months ago. Like that’s when we first started having sex and me sneaking over and sleeping at his house, etc etc. BUT he is 24 years older than me. Yes, i know. That’s HUGE. And there are a lot of bad parts about such a huge age gap, but there are also a lot of good parts. and just to clear everything, NO i am not looking for a “sugar daddy” or previously had “daddy issues”, and NO he is not looking for eye candy or whatever other stereotypical titles that come with an age gap in a relationship. We have even already talked about children and marriage (which we are both waiting till after we could move in with each other).. But yeah, i found THE one, and am absolutely in love with him. and he is absolutely in love with me. he is perfect for me and i am perfect for him. Before me, he hadn’t had any sort of relationship for over 10 years, and has no kids, and has never married because he wanted to meet “the one”. But i still live with my mother, and she has known him as long as i have, and broken her trust from other situations before. So my mother is half and half with him, but she would no doubt not approve of my relationship with him. i do not care though, and when i can afford to, i will move in with him. She i am afraid will disown me and unfriend him for it, and i love my mother. and i don’t want to lose her, but i also don’t want to lose him. they are my two favorite people in the world. my mother, is obviously my mother. but my boyfriend, has also literally saved my life when i tried to commit suicide. and has saved me from thinking trying again several times. So, i guess my question is, how do i go about this to where i don’t lose either person? i’ve kept it a secret to my mom for the 5 months we have been serious. it is just hard.

I will suggest you stop keeping it a secret from you mother. However, don't just reveal it to her but start giving her hint about your relationship with him. So, you can start by always telling your mom how nice he has been to you.

This way, you mom will gradually begin to like him.

Comment

One way to win your mother's heart and make her like him is to have a plan with your boyfriend to always buy gifts for your mother whenever he come to your house. His gifts to your mother will eventually win your mother over.

Comment

Working...
      X