Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I say back to this text

Hi there,
    It’s hard for me to talk about this as a guy, so here I am asking on what I need to do and how to respond to this. The woman in question is someone I was seeing for six months. I’m nearly divorced and fighting a custody battle, so I admit I did act in ways that may have been confusing to her. However after sometime self reflecting I know I want to be with her now. She’s amazing, kind, patient and stunning. I called her today and she was happy to hear from me. We chatted for an hour and I asked her to see me. Then later on I got this msg :

This is going to be real blunt and abit long so bear with me. I did some thinking and I shouldn’t see you Joe. It will just mind fuck me and prevent me from moving forward. We both know the chemistry we have won’t allow us to be just friends if we start hanging out again. At the end of the day your emotionally unavailable. You pull me in, and you push me away, it’s been happening for months now and I’m over it. It’s equally my fault for allowing you to do so, and giving in each time. I want the real deal, not just pretty words and fuck all actions. I want stability and most of all I want a partner I can feel safe to fall in love with. I can’t be that way with you, and seeing you won’t change things. You won’t be emotionally unavailable forever, the hurt and pain of the past will fade, and you will be able to love and receive love again. When that happens, if you haven’t forgotten me, reach out to me then and we can start new. For now, let’s leave things as they are.

How do I reassure her that I want her back? What do you ladies like to hear?

Some of the best things to say to get an ex back are "I want to talk about what went wrong between us," "You're the person I want in my life and I can show you this is true" or "I can't stop thinking about you, can we talk about what went wrong in the relationship so that we can fix it and get back together?"

These are phenomenal and guaranteed things to say to get your ex girlfriend back. Its about opening up and showing that you can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.

Comment

Your chances of winning her back depend on the nature of your screw-ups, and how you will apologize for them.

Here's some tips on what to do in order to get yourself out of the doghouse:

Avoid the Cliches, You Can Do Better Than Flowers

Now is certainly the time to enter emergency boyfriend mode. If you don't fix this situation fast, you will no longer get to be a boyfriend at all.

Resist the temptation to take the easiest route here by sending flowers and a card; that's been done to death and you need to think bigger and think outside the box.

Rethink the Relationship

Just because you want to be with your girl doesn't mean you have the ability to be her boyfriend. She might demand a level of attention and sensitivity from her partner that you are unable to give her.

Also, there's a huge difference between making a universally bad mistake and just being a human being with flaws. If she is un-accepting of your simple human flaws and is trying to change who you are, look out. You probably don't want to re-establish this relationship.

Have a Very Important and Very Necessary Conversation with Your Girl

Find out from her directly what she is angriest about in the relationship. Was it a mistake you keep repeating? An aspect of your personality that is particularly cruel and hard for her to deal with?

Listen to her carefully and know what it is that you need to fix if you're going to be able to stay with this girlfriend. Even if the two of you break up and the relationships ends up being over for good, making yourself a better person will only benefit you.

Address Your Issues and Flaws (Professionally)

In the past when your girlfriend got angry with you, you were able to disarm her anger temporarily by being goofy and cute; you would make her laugh, tickle her to make her laugh even harder. Within a few days, all would be forgiven.

This time, it's not so easy. If you have a womanizing issue, a drinking problem, or something along these lines that is severe enough to seriously threaten your relationship then you need to address your demons with a therapist and start working them out.

Therapy is just one option, and it's worth mentioning because it can be helpful with anything and everything.

The point is that you try to fix the parts of you that are messed up and preventing you from having a relationship. The efforts you make will not go unnoticed by your lady, and it shows that you are dedicated and also displays how you've changed.

Be Consistent in Your Self-Improvement Efforts and Keep Getting Better

Anything related to self-help is vey difficult. Don't make the error of assuming that you will be a better version of yourself within days or weeks; the truth is, it will take much longer.

Because it is such hard work to go through something like therapy or a twelve-step program, the last thing you want to do after all that sacrifice is give up.

Take Her On a Romantic Trip For Two

Sound a bit cheesy? That's because it is. But trust me, girls like cheesy. It works.

You don't have to throw down an insane amount of cash; secluded tropical beaches and five-star resorts are not necessary.

It's actually ideal if you are driving together on a road trip, because it leaves more opportunity for communication than flying on a plane.

A weekend getaway is all you need. This is your chance to take things to another level; get really romantic and cement your boyfriend/girlfriend bond even further.

Remember How Good it is To Be On Her Good Side, and Stay There

You have learned (hopefully) to not take your girlfriend for granted any more. She is in no way guaranteed to always be there in your life; as she proved, she will leave if she feels she has to.

Now you have the tools to keep her, so utilize them.

Comment

Working...
      X