Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend's parents don't want us to get married

Hello everyone.
    I'm sorry if this is long, but please read it, I really need help.
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years now, (he's the only boyfriend I ever had) and we have been seriously thinking of getting married by the end of next year until all of a sudden I was informed few days ago (on my birthday / our anniversary) by him that we can't do it because his parents don't approve of me, they think their kid should be with someone who is a little more curvy, blonde, and tall and comes from a very well known family (which I'm not at all), and they also want grand children and it's hard for me because I have fertility issues. I wasn't chocked that much because I've always felt that his mom doesn't like me but what chocked me is knowing that he had hid from them the fact that we're together, and they only see me as his best friend so they were just warning him of not developing the relationship to the point of falling in love because that's not going to lead anywhere (when in fact, we've been in love for 3 years), I tried to play it very calm and asked what should we do now, he said he suggests we become close friends because that's safer for the moment and also because he wants to remain in contact with me since I have some medical issues going on, this is the second thing that chocked me. I agreed on what he said because he left me no other choice, but I am very hurt and confused. And now he's saying he's leaving the country to have a master's degree and work abroad, when I had let go of a lot of opportunities just because we were getting married (which he doesn't know about).
    What do you guys think ? Please help me out.

I think you should move on and forget about him. Someone better than him will come for you sooner than you expect. The fact is that, there is really nothing you can do because he already agrees with the parent opinion about not getting married to you. You would have been optimistic if he disagreed with his parents opinion about you.

Comment

There is absolutely no hope with him anymore. He's suppose to fight for your relationship but he backed off, so I strongly advice you move on.

Comment

His parents didn't like you because you didn't match the physical requirements they think he should be dating? That's weird and creepy.
        He chose to hide you and lie about your relationship rather than stand up for you, the woman he said he loved. His actions don't show love and respect.

I know it sucks to hear, but I think you've been used and it's obvious he's not going to fight for your relationship, so you should do your best to see how poorly he's been treating you and use it as motivation to move on. He's not the man for you, you deserve better.

Comment

Working...
        X