MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boyfriend Deserves Someone Better

Would you end a good thing with someone you've fallen in love with because you know they deserve better?

Hi Stella,

Great (and PAINFUL) question and a couple things in the way you phrased your (delightfully short) question concern me.

And before we get to that, let us talk about a few situations in which it is BEST to let someone go . . .

It is ALWAYS best to let a guy go (even if you are desperately in love with him) if...

1. You are emotionally or physically abusive to him (and I do hear from women regularly who say they are physically abusive to their men. End the relationship. Get therapy.)

2. He's emotionally or physically abusive to you. (There is no excuse for laying a hand on a woman and no matter what you tell yourself he is not going to change... this goes double if you have kids since they are learning awful lessons.)

3. If you are emotionally unavailable.

4. If you fight all the time and simply are not happy in the relationship even if you love each other like crazy.

Love is not always enough.,, you have to like each other too.

And from your question I do not get the feeling any of these categories apply to you.

You say "would you end a "good thing" because you know they deserve better."

And my question in response is "how could toy do better than a good thing?"

If you love him and he loves you... if you enjoy each other's company... if you swoon when he holds you in his arms .

If you do everything you can to make his life better and if he does everything he can in return .

Well, I am not sure it really gets "better" than that.

Unless we are talking about trying to breed to super humans to create some kind of ULTRA BABY.

It sounds to me like you have got some self esteem issues and some of what I call "toxic insecurity."

And in order to really be loved you have to love yourself.

If you love him and he loves you... (and maybe he sees you better than you see yourself) I do not see any reason to end it.

How about instead of pushing him away, you just do the work to be the wonderful woman you think he deserves?

Comment

Sammy, thank you for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X