Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do in this situation?

Hey,

I have posted another topic and this is something on the sideline that features in my previous post. I was hoping to expand on one element and ask your opinion.

I am in a long term relationship but was having feelings for a work colleague, who may or may not feel the same. I began to distance myself from her and didn't meet with her specifically at work. To be honest she kind of did the same with me too.

I kinda still have the smallest feelings for her and I kinda miss chatting. However it was completely for the best and we worked in different departments. All good!

Unfortunately I am now joining her department and will be inevitably be seeing her again. The out of sight out of mind rule will be difficult.

What should I do?

Thanks

CL

If you like her and you want her to be your girlfriend, then tell her how you feel about her. Don't bottle up your feelings.

Comment

I see that you are going to be timid around her.

Well, to avoid that simply disclose your feeling to her, it doesn't matter if it turns out positive or negative.

However, the most important thing is that you have let out what you feel.

Comment

The truth is that I had (kinda still do) have feelings for her, but I didn't and still don't want to have those feelings for her. I want to work at my relationship with my Girlfriend, but I will still now have to see this colleague. To be honest my colleague and I haven't spoken in a while, we used to meet and chat quite a bit, even after getting separate jobs.

I dunno. Appreciate the opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Concerning Love View Post
          The truth is that I had (kinda still do) have feelings for her, but I didn't and still don't want to have those feelings for her. I want to work at my relationship with my Girlfriend, but I will still now have to see this colleague. To be honest my colleague and I haven't spoken in a while, we used to meet and chat quite a bit, even after getting separate jobs.

I dunno. Appreciate the opinions.
          You are a wise guy for wanting to work on your relationship with your girlfriend. So, you can simply ignore this coworker of yours anytime you bump into her.

Comment

I know I can ignore her but I know it'll be difficult.
            I am pretty bummed out about the move I am making, but especially as she'll be there every day. She has a higher position to so will technically be my superior.

It's really concerning me. It shouldn't be a big issue surely.

Comment

Working...
            X