Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell gf that travel plans got cancelled?

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell gf that travel plans got cancelled?

Me and my girlfriend have been planning to meet each other for the first time for a few months now. We met online through LoveMe, and we’ve been going strong. The plan was that I would get to visit her in Russia for our anniversary. I’ve already booked tickets and made an itinerary for my week-long trip in her hometown. Just when everything seemed ready to go, some sort of problem happened and my trip got cancelled at the last minute.

I was offered another flight but it will be after the date of our anniversary. I’m in a tough situation right now and I still haven’t told my girlfriend about what happened. She’ll be really disappointed and what’s worse, she cleared up her schedules just for me.

When she will know about the change in plans, she has to reorganize her schedules all over again and our tour around the country will now become a mess. Everything’s completely jumbled and I feel awfully guilty to put my girlfriend through this.

She was really looking forward to celebrating together and I honestly don’t know how to bring this up with her. How should I start the conversation and what should I do with my current schedule? Are there other ways where I can manage to stick to my original plan? I seriously need some help guys. The designated date is fast approaching and I’m at tight squeeze here! HELP!

Tell her in the most calm manner as possible. All you need is to sound sincere and remorseful when you tell her.

Comment

It will be best if you tell her by calling her and not through text message. That way, she can feel the sincerity from your voice.

Comment

Well, this obviously isn't your fault so you shouldn't feel guilt about it. It sucks for both of you and I can understand why you're disappointed, but it's really best that you tell her soon. If she has to reschedule herself the more time you can give her to do so the better. Just explain to her calmly what happened, and express your disappointment and understanding that it adds additional stress to her life. That's really all you can do, and try to put a brave/happy face on for the visit that will take place. Focus on making that a positive experience and not just bogged down with the stress of the old plan going awry.

Comment

Working...
        X