Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable in New Place

RomanceDictionary.com
    I live in an expensive part of the country. I've lived with roommates for years and I was happy to find a studio that is cute and at a great price. I found the ad on craigslist and I was driven to get the place. I came over with pay stubs in hand, bank statements, proof of credit, no kids, no pets, great references, and a long standing with my employer and previous place. I was well-qualified for the room and I got it. The problem I am facing is that the man who owns the house (my landlord) has a total crush on me. I will admit, I have grown to admire him as well. After all, he's a year younger than me, owns a house and converted part of his garage into a fully-functional studio with kitchen and bathroom. There is a mutual admiration since I'm also creative and have made a side business out of my artwork.

The problem is that he has a live-in girlfriend. I hate to sound conceited but I am in better shape than her, have a better career and I'm more mature. I also have a lot in common with him. I signed a 6 month lease on this place, and now I am contemplating breaking the lease because I just know she is very uncomfortable and unhappy with me being here. I know she hates me, and I don't know if I could ever get along with her because it just wouldn't be genuine. I do have a strong interest in her boyfriend. I certainly don't blame her for the way she feels.They have been together for a little over a year, but he has insinuated his dissatisfaction with her.

Should I just cut my losses, break the lease, move somewhere else, avoid the drama but lose financially? Perhaps if he breaks up with his girlfriend, we could possibly date later on? Or should I ride this potential storm out if it's meant to be? I really do like the guy and I love my new place. I just moved in, I'd hate to have to move everything back out. He checks off all my boxes, but he's taken. There's no denying this is just a tough situation. Any advice or input is definitely appreciated.

I can see that you are really in a though situation. It's really sad to know that he has a girlfriend, since you both have mutual feelings for each other.

My candid advice to you is to move out from there. It might be obvious that he isn't satisfied with his girlfriend, but don't be the one to make him breakup with her.

In such situation, it's best for us to but ourselves in such people's shoe. If you were his girlfriend, would you be happy your boyfriend is attracted to another girl you know?

Comment

RomanceDictionary.com
      I know exactly what is going through your mind. One part of you needs him, but the other part of you have guilt. I know you feel comfortable in your new apartment, however, you'll be feeling uncomfortable in that environment especially now that his girlfriend knows he is attracted to you.

The only way you can keep staying there is if you can stop him from crushing on you. Although, I don't think it's possible.

Your best option would be to move somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
      X