Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fell in love with a friend

RomanceDictionary.com
    Hey everyone! Just want to know you're opinions. I have this friend back in college. She was already married and had a kid, we became good friends until we graduated. After graduation we became really friends and I even get to be friends with her husband as well. Then as it went on I started to realize that I was already falling for her, I know that its no longer possible for me to confess my feelings, but I know for sure that I am madly in love with her. I fully aware though that what im feeling isnt going to be good but will just cause me pain, so I decided to find a way to break up our friendship, that way I can stay away from her. If I just avoid her there will be days that I will surely miss her and that I might not be able to control or contain myself in communicating with her. I really love her but I have to stay away. A few years have passed, I know shes still the one I love, and what hurts me the most is the fact that when we met a few days ago she would have just ignored me, I called her out and asked her how she was, but I know she would have preferred to avoid me. That day was the worst day of my life, I really felt so down as if the my life got shattered. I felt so guilty that I just wanted to tell her the reason why I did the thing that made her hate me. That because I fell in love with her and I know that was wrong, I was left with no choice but end my connection with her by making her mad. The pain just felt like it happened just yesterday, then, a few days after we met each other after 2 years, I decide to send her an email because she blocked me on social media. I told her everything, that I have no choice but to find a way to break our friendship because I was too afraid of my feelings for her. I dont want to become a home wrecker. Apart of me though, fully regrets that I could have managed the situation way much better and not to break our friendship. She didnt reply on my email and I know that I can only hope to know what she thinks if ever we'll see each other again.

I think you did the right thing by breaking the friendship with her. The truth of the matter is that you will be exuding the feelings you have for her if you keep her around, and her husband can easily notice it even if she doesn't.

Although, you shouldn't have sent her an email letting her know the reason you decided to breakup the friendship. Sending her such email makes you appear as though you are trying to seek her permission to consider dating you.

Comment

i hope she doesnt read it that way, maybe im just too realist, that im more concerned of us being friends than my feelings...the guilt that im feeling is just because i lost our friendship...not to the idea that i will never get to date her...but i know ive already crossed the line and can only wait for any circumstances that would make our paths cross again.

Comment

RomanceDictionary.com
        You took the right step by ending the friendship. If you hadn't done that, you would have eventually ended up messing up the friendship.

Simply apologize for you hurting her and never contact her again.

Comment

Working...
        X