Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he seeing someone else?

RomanceDictionary.com
    Hi there everyone I am new to this forum. And was hoping people could shed some light on my situation.

To make a long story very short,.....been seeing my guy for a year and 3months. I found out on New Years Eve, through one of my friends that my bf had been cheating on me the entire time of our relationship with his ex. When she found out about our relationship, she quickly ended things with him. However, he has denied ever being involved with her though I know it's true, I've decided to place it in the place and move on

Fast forward.... we live together and yes I move way too fast with him...this I know. We share rental property in a town nearby so that is what mostly ties us together.

My issue is wondering if he's only with me due to the financial stability he has with me. I pay majority of the bills at his house and all the bills at the rental property.

I understand that things like this do not matter but this is what I think about... while he was still very much so involved with the ex, he bought her a couch and table for her apartment she moved into last year. Spent lunches on her andwith her and would take her to a surprise birthday party...the same weekend we were supposed to be celebrating our 5 month anniversary. Whenever we'd go out to a restaurant, he'd NEVER offer to pay the tab or pay at all. For example, we celebrated my birthday at a restaurant with my 2 daughters ( who are grown) , my sister, his son and him, I paid. things like that.

Fast forward to last weekend.... this is what I have questions about, 2 Saturdays ago, he went and bought a new hat, he asked me if I liked it, I told him no because it was " a little too redneck for my taste" He got mad and didn't speak with the entire day. Then the next day he said this " I don't give a f**k. I'm done with you for today just like I was yesterday."" and said some pretty crappy things to me that day about my attitude. THen texts me on Monday "I'm not happy and you have until next Monday to figure it out. If I'm still unhappy we need to call it quits" But proceeds to make arrangements with me on Tuesday to get the rest of my things out of storage and put it in the house?

Can you all help me understand his behavior? Is he seeing someone else or what could it possibly be?
    Last edited by Blueskies48; 08-01-2017, 10:52 PM.

Infidelity in men is common, unfortunate as it is. Statistics show that men more than the women are found to resort to infidelity for several reasons. How can you tell if your guy is seeing someone else? There are telltale signs that you can observe to know if your guy is having another women in his life.

Telltale Sign #1: Less Time Spent with you: If you only see your guy once a week as compared to five times a week before, then there is something going on. Work and time with friends are lame excuses. It might be that he is devoting much of his time to things other than work and friends. Try to be a little more observant. Infidelity in men starts with guys spending less and less time with their partners.

Telltale Sign #2: Seldom Number of Calls. He seldom calls and when he does it's always in a hurry. This is another sign of infidelity in men. It might be that he spends more of his call time to his new girl and only calls you as not to break the routine things he has to do.

Telltale Sign #3: Cancelling Agreed Vacations/Dates: If you have been planning on a vacation trip for more than a year now and he suddenly says he's no longer interested, then there must be something or someone that made him change decision so quickly. Ask him why and don't just let him get away with "because I am no longer interested" answer. Losing interest in spending quality vacation moments with a partner is one sign of infidelity in men.

Telltale Sign #4: Unresponsive to your Skinship: Another sign of infidelity in men is when he's no longer responding to your kisses and other advances. If these acts turn him on before but makes him cringe at this time, then there is a need to take the problem seriously. He is definitely into someone else already.

Telltale Sign #5: Hanging the Do Not Enter Sign: You used to go to his place to spend time with him but now he has already forbidden you in doing such, making excuses like he'll be out of town all the time. There must be a reason why he does not want you hanging out in his place anymore. Make a surprise visit to know what he is up to. In some cases, guys even change the locks to their doors to make sure you will not try to enter their place uninvited. List of things that can happen when infidelity in men occurs definitely include this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueskies48 View Post
    THen texts me on Monday "I'm not happy and you have until next Monday to figure it out. If I'm still unhappy we need to call it quits"
    Come on, this guy is taking you for a rid. You owe him no apology and don't make the mistake of apologizing to him. See, you aren't the one to figure out how to make him happy, he is simply acting this way because you have always been the one doing everything in the relationship. You provide for him and do everything to make the relationship work. It's not suppose to be so, and that has to change.

So, let him go if he wants to, and when he does you will get a better person. However, when you start dating someone else, don't make the same mistake you made with him.

Comment

RomanceDictionary.com
      Thank you Scot . You posting this...

"See, you aren't the one to figure out how to make him happy, he is simply acting this way because you have always been the one doing everything in the relationship. You provide for him and do everything to make the relationship work." Is right on the money. I have been. I've put up with alot of his behavior and for him to just tell me that I have til a certain day to figure out how to make him happy or he'll call it quits, is a slap in the face when ALL I DO, is to provide some kind of happiness to him and his kids. He has a very cushioned setup with me. And with me being human, I can't help but to wonder if there IS another woman in the picture.

He tells me he loves me and he's very lucky to have me...that he hit the lotto when he got with me.

Comment

Working...
      X