MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't sleep as soon as the season changes

So I have no sleeping problem until late fall goes winter. This happened last night for the first time this season. I do not know what it is, but I feel very excited and I can not sleep. There is really no change in diet or routine. I think it should be because the windows are already closed? Or maybe his temperature? Finally, I got up the stairs to the third floor (which is a bit cooler) and usually fall asleep. I do not want the window to open all winter. Stop using the electronics for ten, you probably will do it in the past.
    All the suggestions would help.
    Thanks.

If you are having a hard time sleeping, you might be getting bit by the Sleep Effectors.

Different things that effect sleep.
    • Caffeine. Pretty much everyone knows that caffeine effects sleep. But it depends on how much caffeine you've had, and how close to your bedtime that you consumed it. One thing that most people don't know, is that it takes a good 7-8 hours to completely get all the caffeine out of your system. That's a long time. I usually don't drink any coffee or anything that has caffeine in it past 3pm. I just don't want it to interfere with my ability to sleep.
    • Exercise. Most sleep experts (and general health experts, for that matter) recommend getting 30-60 minutes of exercise a day. This is good for your body, because of the phyiscal exertion, your body should be more prepared for sleep when bedtime comes around. However, you don't want to exercise within 3 hours of bedtime. That will interfere will your ability to sleep. It's funny because as a younger dude I used to exercise right before sleep, thinking that doing pushups and stuff would get me tired and I would fall asleep faster. Wrong!
    • Food. You want to eat enough food, and you want to eat right. Have a good breakfast in the morning to start off the day right, and eat when you're hungry. However, don't eat any substantial amount of food within 3 hours of your bedtime, as this will also negatively effect your ability to sleep.
    • Sleep Environment and Context. Sleep experts generally advise you not to use the bed for anything except for sleeping, and love-making. Research shows that some people that are used to bringing work and TV into their bed can sometimes get better sleep by taking those things away. It's common for people to read, write, and/or watch TV before bed. This can become routine, but it really doesn't set the right context for your body to go to sleep. But these can be hard habits to change, so you want to take it gradually. Do an experiment: try for a couple nights not reading or watching TV before bed, just use the bed for sleep.

Sleep Preparation.

I think it's pretty weird that not much attention is given to the act of preparing for sleep. We prepare for just about everything else in life, so why wouldn't we prepare for sleep. Before going to sleep, you want to make sure that you are actually tired and feeling drowsy before you go to bed. If you're not drowsy when you go to bed, you're probably just going to lay there for a long time without sleeping, which isn't cool.
    • Read a boring book before bedtime. Read a boring story book, in a slow boring voice, to yourself. Leave your mouth open and just read until you just can't stop yawning! Then you know you're drowsy.
    • Stand up, start thinking about sleep. Relax your whole body.

Comment

Can't sleep? Shoulder pain can lead to long uncomfortable nights and interrupted sleep. Shoulder pain from injuries to the rotator cuff can make it difficult to find a comfortable position, lie on your side, or even to turn over at night.

Common rotator cuff conditions include bursitis, tendonitis, impingement, and tears. A rotator cuff injury can cause a lot of pain, make it difficult to sleep, limit your motion, and prevent you from doing simple things like dressing yourself, lifting objects, and reaching up over your head to take something from a shelf.

Firstly, you will want to take action to reduce pain. Applying ice or other cold compression therapy to the affected area can help numb the pain and reduce any swelling. Other people recommend application of heat or alternating series of cold and heat. Effective heat sources include microwavable wheat bags. Many people also like to take anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin or ibuprofen to help with swelling and pain.

Secondly, especially for sleeping pain, it is helpful to arrange pillows to take pressure off of the affected shoulder. You certainly don't want to lie directly on the shoulder. But it can also be painful even if you are sleeping on the opposite shoulder. One solution is to arrange extra pillows along your back and underneath the affected shoulder. This helps distribute weight and take pressure of your injury.

Thirdly, targeted shoulder (rotator cuff) exercise is probably the most effective method to end your shoulder pain for good. Rotator cuff exercises will help reduce and or eliminate your pain, rebuild your strength, and restore your full range of mobility and flexibility. Physical therapists have specific, targeted exercises to help with shoulder pain recovery. But most of these exercises can also easily be done on your own at home without the expensive therapy bills.

Many people have used these methods to end their pain and finally get a good night's sleep. Shoulder pain doesn't have to be something you live with forever. Taking specific steps, with the most important being targeted rotator cuff exercise, you can end your sleep shoulder pain forever.

Comment

Working...
      X