MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Make The Best Of This Vacation Season

The holiday season is just around the corner and listening to people about how they've already made plans may make you feel a little unorganized. I mean, everyone I know has already made plans for what they're going to weeks from now whereas I don't even know what I'm doing the next day. Are you like me too? Well no need to worry just now because I have gathered a list of things that will help people like us make the best of this vacation season. So without further ado here are a few tips that will help brighten up your holidays:

1. Travel:
    Some people don't like making plans with family over the holidays and if you're one of those people, no worries. Travel to someplace you've never been to. This might be a place that is just a few miles away from your house or it can be someplace halfway across the world that you've always wanted to go to but never got the chance to visit. Doesn't matter, because the whole world is all decked out to take part in the celebrations and it is calling you to come see it. Also, pro-travel tip, buy frequent flyer accounts and save loads of money when you travel.

2. Watch Some Classics:
    Sometimes all you need is a good old movie and loads of junk food to make you feel content. So if you don't want to get out of the house, no worries. Just sit on the couch, make some popcorn and order a classic on Netflix.

3. Throw A Party:
    If you're someone who loves socializing then throwing a party will ensure that your holidays are a bash. Call your friends, order some takeout and dance the night away. And if you don't want to go through the hassle of having people at your place go to the local club. You never know, maybe you'll find something you've always been looking for.

4. Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone:
    For this holiday season let go of your reservations. Do something adventurous. Go bungee jumping or sky diving and make the best of your life. This might become the best memory of your lifetime. If you don't want to something so drastic, try doing something smaller. Like go visit the friend you haven't seen in 3 years. Or talk to someone who wants your forgiveness

5. Eat Something Good:
    Let go of the strict diet you have been following. The holidays are your cheat day. Treat yourself to that chocolate dessert you saw a while ago or go to the fancy restaurant that you've wanted to go to for a long time. Good food can work where nothing else can. So call that restaurant and get a reservation right now.

The point is having fun this holiday season and remembering that you can save loads of your money if you simply buy frequent flyer accounts when you travel.

This past summer, we drove up to Lake City, Colorado where we spent five days at the Texan Resort. We had a two-story three bedroom cabin large enough we could all spread out and stretch without bumping into each other at every turn. With all the comforts of home at our fingertips, we rested and enjoyed ourselves.

While we were in Lake City, we had a picnic downtown at the park while the little ones played with the other kids.

In the evenings, back at the cabin we grilled hamburgers while the kids played horseshoes with some of the other guests at the resort. The kids were fortunate enough to meet up with some children who lived there year round who showed our clan some fun and adventure while we were there.

The mornings were rather cool but sitting on the front porch wrapped in a cozy blanket and sipping hot coffee while the family slept soothed my nerves. At the end of our journey, it was me who cried because we had to leave. Staying at The Texan Resort was an experience of a lifetime. This was one time I wanted to stay the entire summer.

The Texan Resort has cabins to fit every group size and budget. They wash their linen and towels everyday and hang them out in the sun to dry. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mother did the laundry. Fresh air-dried towels and linen are the best.

While we were in Lake City, we eased up the mountain to the Hard Tack Mine Tours & Museum. The tour into the mine shaft was cool and educational, but the gift shop caught their eye immediately. Fortunately for them, I had rolls of quarters on hand for them to spend at the gift shop! If you go up to the mine, wear shoes and take a light jacket. It is cold inside the tunnel.

Later in the week on Friday, we went to the Mountaineer Theatre downtown and saw Finding Dora. The theater is a one-of-a-kind gem nestled out at the corner of town, and the family running it are down-home good people.

Lake City is a relaxed, laid back little town. There are a few horseback outfitters in the area and backpacking, and rafting if you're into that kind of thing.

For me, just relaxing and enjoying my week at the cabin is all I needed. We will be at the Texan Resort for many years to come.

Comment

There is something special about summertime. It often ushers in the season of fun with family, friends, and nature. It reminds us of the days when we were care-free swimming in cool pools or lakes and barbecuing without a worry in the world. Summertime is meant for fun summer vacations, so why not spend it in a wonderfully peaceful and cool climate mountain town!? Towns up in the mountains can be wonderful vacation spots, especially if you live in the southern part of the United States where the heat can be intense. Escape it for awhile and find plenty to do during your mountain vacation. Confused about where to start when considering a destination? Here are some tips on how to pick the best mountain town for your summer vacation.

1. Find a place with history.

Does the mountain destination you are considering have an interesting history? Most mountain towns used to be old mining towns that converted to tourist traps after the mining boom faded. Where once they made their living excavating the earth for precious metals or gold, now they continue on the tradition of the small town experience while attracting visitors with interesting historical locations, outdoor activities, amazing food, and fun festivals to attend. Find a spot that has its own personal story.

2. Find a place with character.

You can usually tell when a place has its own unique vibe quickly even before you exit the car. Are there people relaxing and enjoying the day? Are there commuters on their bikes, people taking a stroll, or runners exercising in the parks? For most towns, the outdoor lifestyle is what gives the place its special character, laid back feel, a sense of community, and the perfect peaceful local for a summer vacation. Ask around or do some research and spend some time in a place that speaks to your personality.

3. Choose a place with great people who share similar interests.

Are you into extreme hiking, bare-bones camping, or intense white water rafting? You will most likely have a better time if you find a place where many share your interests and passions. A great community starts with great people. Look for a location that values your hobbies and favorite activities as well as a place that is active in maintaining the environment for those activities.

4. Look for interesting events.

Every place has its own claim to fame. Does your destination have special events, activities, and festivals that appeal to you? Interested in a festival solely about antique mining gear? There is likely a festival or place to explore that interest. Keep your vacation intellectually stimulating and interesting and participate in local festivals, parades, contests, and yearly events. All it takes is a little bit of research or a phone call with a local and you can have your whole schedule filled with fun events.

5. Find great natural attractions.

If you are seeking a mountain vacation, you likely want to be surrounded by beautiful natural attractions. If you enjoy hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking, find a mountainous or hilly town that offers it. Are there hot springs, lakes, rivers, and other water attractions that you prefer? Find those spots and enjoy them to your heart's content.

Comment

Working...
      X