Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If She Never Texts You First?

I have a question.

I recently meet a woman and we have gone out three times, I really like her and honestly I don't remember the last time I had such a great connection with someone.

My concern is that it seems to be a little one sided. I really do think she likes me because when we are together she is very affectionate towards me, but it seems like when we are not together I am the only one trying to make contact.

I may call her or send her a "good morning" text or a "how was your day" text. I have only received one text like that from her, and we have been talking for over three weeks.

Am I reading too much into it?

Also, is three really great dates enough time to suggest that we try to make it a little more serious? Or should I just let things progress naturally? Thanks.

Hello Richard:

Not to worry. Most women are taught to let the man take the lead when it comes to initiating interaction.

If it really eats at you, go ahead and acknowledge it to her just to see how she reacts. For example, "I've noticed you're very traditional...preferring the man take the lead when it comes to phone calls and things like that."

Note that you aren't complaining, challenging or worrying. You're simply stating a fact.

Note especially that you're confidently calling out the "elephant in the room", rather than "running away" from the issue.

If she flat-out hasn't realized that you're doing all the calling and texting, it may be because that's simply her "unconscious" habit when relating to men.

And if so, that's not unusual for women who have been raised around "traditional" thinking from a young age.

Be careful if that's the situation, though. She may launch into a stream of "I'm sorrys" if she senses you may be displeased. This tends to be an all but de facto practice among women, doesn't it?

Although saying "I'm sorry" a lot can be a sign of low self-esteem if it occurs often enough, she may genuinely feel in this scenario that she's let you down.

On the other hand, she may openly acknowledge that she's indeed been intentional about waiting for you to contact her first.

She may also be prompted at that point to ask you if you either like it that way or have a problem with it. But at least you'll have reassurance that she's not losing interest in you.

Either way she responds, it's important at that point to take the lead (as she wants you to anyway) and reassure her that you find her old-fashioned outlook refreshing and that you like it.

But if you get nothing more than "I don't know", or some sort of hesitation--it's time to watch carefully.

Is she just being shy or is she hemming and hawing over the fact that she really isn't as sold on you as you think? Watch the rest of her interaction with you carefully and connect the dots.

But in all likelihood, if your gut feeling is that she's indeed attracted to you, she's probably just "old school". You'll be fine.

As for how slow or fast you want to take things from there, you're the man. You lead. Your reality is manufactured by you.

The good news is she'll almost certainly like that about you also.

If you are a man who has options and you think this woman is particularly terrific vis-à-vis others you've considered, then you'll have plenty of clarity when it comes to making her your steady girlfriend or not.

But feel free to take your time and enjoy all the steps on the path to getting to know each other well enough for that.

Remember always: It's when we're desperate to hold on to any woman who likes us and can fog a mirror that we're in trouble.

Comment

One of the most important parts of how to text a girl you like is to know when and how often to text her. So, in this article, I'm going to be answering the questions, "How often should you text a girl?", "When to text a girl you just met?" and, "What to do when a woman doesn't respond to your text?"

OK, let's address the first question...

How Often Should You Text A Girl?

First off, let me just say that I know how easy it can be to get all worked up about texting a girl, especially a girl you really like. You get really excited and want to text her every chance you get.

The problem is by being so invested in her you are already on a fast track to needy behavior and this will only push her away. It's important to have the right mindset so that you can keep you cool.

With that being said, the key to texting a girl is not to over do it. You don't want to be texting her all day, everyday. Even if she text you back every single time, it still lowers your value and make it seem like you have nothing better going on in your life.

Now I'm not saying that you should never reply to a girls text right way. You can. Just mix it up a little bit and keep it unpredictable. Sometime wait 10 minutes. Sometime wait an hour. And sometime just leave her hanging.

Let Her Have The Last Text

That's right. When ever possible, you should let her have the last word in the conversation by not replying to her text. By doing this you leave and open loop in her mind and it gets her thinking about you, wondering if you'll text back.

Another good rule is to match or beat her respond time. If it takes her 15 minutes to reply to your text, then you should take 15 minutes (or a few minutes more) to reply to her. Childish? Yes. But it keeps you in control of the interaction and it works to build attraction.

Here's another tip. Don't text a girl between the hours of 8 PM and 1 AM on Friday and Saturday. Why? Because those are going out time for most people and texting her at those hours will make it seem like you don't have anything better to do on the weekends.

When To Text A Girl You Just Met?

There might be some controversy over this, but I think you should send your first text to a girl within 24 hours of you meeting her. If you wait any longer than that, then you risk her losing some of the attraction that she felt for you when you first met.

Also, it's a good way to avoid the awkward, "Who is this?" text back from her.

Ideally, I like to send her a quick, fun text after 5 to 10 minutes from when we just met. It keeps the momentum of the interaction going creates a dynamic where it's natural for us to text each other.

If you worry about this coming off as too eager, don't worry! As long as your text is casual and playful, you won't have this problem. Just follow the guide lines that I've set out in my other articles.

What To Do When A Woman Doesn't Respond To Your Text?

This can happen sometime and it's no big deal. Just don't give up.

Here a good rule to use when a woman doesn't text you back:

If she did text you back, wait a day then text her again. Still no response? Wait two days, then text her back. Still no response? Wait three days, then text her back.

And the important thing to remember is that your text to her should not be needy or angry. In fact, the attitude to take is that you didn't even notice that she didn't text you back and just start the conversation with some random thread.

Comment

I appreciate all the advice I got from you guys.

Comment

Working...
        X