Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple problem but makes me feel so frustrated! Please help guys!

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple problem but makes me feel so frustrated! Please help guys!

So, I am 29 and play in a basketball team in my gym and there's this guy from my team that I've been talking to for like 3 weeks. He really like me, and I can see it in his actions but one thing really frustrates me is that he doesn't use my name when we talk. I told him how I feel and that I'd like to be addressed by name.I was not angry or anything but just expressed the way I feel. I told him my name is a part of me, of who I am and it makes me feel important and respected. He apologized and said he's sorry but continued doing the same thing. It really makes me mad. What do I do? Why he resist to that? I use his name when we talk.I acknowledge him, because I respect him. I like him but this thing makes me really mad and I'm considering stop talking to him because of that thing. It is important to me. I know some people call each other with " Hey you" or just " Hey" I find it disrespecting. I know he knows my name because he'll use it while we play but never when we have a conversation. Makes me really mad. Please help!
    Last edited by unicorn_doll; 08-24-2017, 06:46 PM. Reason: I know some of you will say that's not important, but for me it is. I just don't wanna be nagging and I'm wondering if there's another way I can change that. I am not a drama queen and know how to com

Hi,

I don't think it will be a good idea to completely stop talking to him. I will advice you continue correcting him about it, and before long he will change.

Comment

• unicorn_doll
      unicorn_doll commented
      Editing a comment
      How would you advise me to do that exactly? So when he sees me he'll say "Hi!" and then continue with the conversation when he never mention my name. We'll stop at the Starbucks drive trough and he'll ask me "What coffee would you like?" instead of "Hi Jane!", What coffee would you like Jane?""
      Should I just say "I'd prefer "Hi Jane"Instead of just "Hi!"
      thanx

The fact is that he used to not calling people by their name, and not just something he does to only you. Like the first person commented; persist in bringing it to his awareness anytime he doesn't call you by your name. He will start changing gradually and before you know it, he will be used to calling you by your name.

Comment

My suggestion is that you get mad at him the next time he doesn't address you by your name. This will automatically solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
        My suggestion is that you get mad at him the next time he doesn't address you by your name. This will automatically solve the issue.
        You sure? Don't you think that this will be a little overreacting? So I noticed after our conversation about that he'll use my name in text messages but not in person which really confuses me now.

Comment

Working...
        X