Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Get This Issue Handled Before I Date Again?

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Get This Issue Handled Before I Date Again?

I am a 50 yr. old man, who has been out of the dating scene for a while. I am ready to get back in, but I have been suffering from some thyroid issues that make me extremely tired at times.

I have always been a robust guy, been active and athletic. I am otherwise in great shape for my age.

What I am concerned about is I want a woman who is active, but until I get my health challenge handled, I probably wont be able to keep up with her

Should I wait until my health turns around before dating so that I can deserve what I want?

Or should I go ahead and date now and mention my situation only to women who I date more than a couple of times?

This is a bummer because there are times when even a low-key date like dinner and walking around a mall can wear me out.

Hello David:

Often times, you'll find mainstream dating advice that admonishes you to pretty much wait out all of your excuses before pronouncing yourself "ready" to date again.

Well, it's my firm belief that the very last thing you want to do is wait until conditions are "perfect" before dating again.

The obvious reason for this is that there will always be some sort of limiting belief you'll be able to come up with.

But the more subtle reason is that sometimes what we think are major issues really aren't so much to women.

I clearly remember telling myself shortly after my divorce that I needed to cut 30 pounds before I could expect to date. It took a few months to do that, and I indeed didn't date during that time.

Women indeed enjoyed my company when I did start dating, so I initially felt pretty good about having waited.

But the crazy thing is that I ended up gaining the weight back (no thanks to focusing on my social life rather than eating right and going to the gym, which is another newsletter altogether)...and I didn't see any less interest from women.

If anything, there was more interest--probably because of what had been happening in the self-development/"inner game" realm.

So yes...get back out there and meet some women!

When you choose to tell them about your situation is dependent upon each individual scenario, I'd say.

But I would agree that it's not first-date conversation. Nothing medical is.

Comment

You advice gave me a great relief.

Comment

Working...
      X