MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why people are so judgemental?

I always ask this question, but i never get a proper reply for this.. What is the psychology behind being judgemental??

The reason is, no one. Wants to get to know the person,
    beceuse they don’t open the book, they look what’s on the outside.

Comment

Or may be they think they are too up top so they don't want to know what is inside

Comment

We may not consciously be aware that tearing down others can inflate ourselves. Yet the underlying message is something like, I wouldn’t think of doing such a thing, or I could never do that or I am shocked and aghast at such behavior. We are usually noting how utterly different we are from these people or how we would simply never sink to their level. Criticizing others is not just an offensive move against them; it is also a defensive move to protect our own “purity.”When we are judgmental, therefore, we need other people’s faults in order to dodge our own. Stated simply, judgmental thinking is addicted to other people’s faults or destructive behavior. Judgmentalism finds its identity in what it is not.

Comment

Nasty, judgmental people are made, not born. Think about what could have possibly happened to this person in their life to make them this way. A child doesn’t become judgmental unless that behavior is modeled for them. So maybe their parents judged everything too — including them. You never know what kind of negative message they received about themselves growing up. So while it doesn’t make their behavior any more tolerable, remembering this will at least help you have a little bit of empathy for them.

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” - Dalai Lama

Comment

Working...
          X